Health & Safety Charter
All members of British Precast are committed to reducing harm and have signed the Health & Safety Charter. British Precast collects quartely incident statistics from all members which have demontrated a reduction in incidents and also helps to shape our strategy for aspects which need to be addressed. British Precast members have reached a 75% reduction in lost time incidents over the last 15 years. We are aiming to reach a new target of Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate of 4.0 by 2018. Root cause analysis helps members to identify and take actions at factory level.
All members of British Precast are signatories of our Health & Safety Charter. Members pledge to reduce accidents, both in terms of number and severity, to improve the overall health and safety of all those involved in our industry and to work towards the long-term aim of causing zero harm.
- An expectation of ‘ZERO HARM’ to all.
- 65% reduction in LTIFR for direct employees by 2018 (Baseline 2013).
- 65% reduction in LTI for contractors by 2018 (Baseline 2013).
- Continuous improvement in accident severity ratio.
- Development, implementation or maintenance of a strategy for Health and Safety initiatives and related training, and to manage our Health and Safety needs with competent staff appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
- Implementation of maintenance of structured, inclusive Health and Safety meetings, with effective and appropriate consultation in line with our organisational needs.
- Submission of quarterly statistics to British Precast.
Health & Safety News
08 Jul 2016
Our Annual Dinner took place on the 7 July 2016 at the Marriott Hotel, Leicester. The event, supported by CEMEX included entertainment and the presentation of our prestigious Best Practice Awards.
18 Mar 2016
Thanks to FP McCann for hosting our latest SHAD with over 120 in attendance. Each delegate participated at all five learning stations and can implement this back at their own operations.
15 Dec 2015
The ‘Safeprecast’ website and app provides resources that will make key health and safety information easily accessible for everybody who works within the precast concrete sector.