Health & Safety Advice - FREE invite to expert led event
|Date:||Thursday 30 November 2017
|Time:||16:30 - 19:00
Jury's Inn Hotel, East Midlands Airport, Ashby Rd, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2SH
Health and safety in the workplace is one of the biggest risks to British Precast members. It just takes one accident where health and safety regulations were not followed to the letter for an employer to find themselves in court. Unfortunately, many organisations operating in this sector only consider the substantial implications after an incident has occurred, as opposed to taking a proactive approach which could prevent detrimental damage in terms of cost and reputation.
In the most extreme cases, businesses can receive large fines and some company bosses have even been jailed after their negligence caused an employee serious harm.
To help members of British Precast navigate through the maze of existing and imminent legislation, a speaker from market-leading Health & Safety advisors Croner is hosting a free session for members only.
The event will take place after the Safety & Health Awareness Day, at the Jury’s Inn, Ashby Road, East Midlands Airport, on November 30, starting at 4.30pm with refreshments.
A speaker from Croner will host an informative session around 5.00pm after the main event has concluded.
The session will cover essential health and safety considerations, as well as relevant aspects of employment law, including:
· Brexit: How might it affect your Business
· Employment tribunals: How to protect your business against rising claims
· Apprenticeships: managing contracts and dealing with the Apprenticeship Levy
· Employment Status issues: working through the often blurred lines of self-employed, workers and employees contracts.
· Health & Safety: gaining accreditations; working within Construction, Design & Management (CDM) regulations; dealing with personal injury claims and managing the health & safety of contactors.
Don’t forget: Your British Precast membership includes access to Croner’s free advice lines, which offer 24/7 support on employment & personnel issues, health and safety support, Tax and VAT help and commercial legal advice.
For more information or to book contact email@example.com